John's Biography :
Thanks for taking the time to learn about me, a bit about my Real Estate background and how I can work with you. I figured a question and answer format would be comfortable for you and me.
- First things, first! Kay Takes Less. You Get More™ Call me, text me or shoot me an email to learn how I can save you thousands when you buy or sell a home!
- How, when, and where did I get started in Real Estate? In 1978, almost through my final year at NYU, I got a summer job in New York City working for a multifamily owner/manager firm and started in the management department, responsible for five 1960's high-rise doorman apartment buildings on New York's Upper East Side. In a word, I loved it!
- What are some of the highlights of my life in Real Estate? Managing apartment buildings, working construction of new apartment projects, and buying/renovating old office/retail buildings in New York City. Those experiences provided a great foundation! A move to suburban Philadelphia, PA, followed, where I continued to manage multifamily properties. I studied the development of retail and office projects in environmentally "challenged" sites (formerly occupied by gas stations) in great locations. Rapidly changing rules for brownfields redevelopment offered opportunity. I quickly bought a bunch of ugly old gas station sites and redeveloped them with new retail stores, banks, and class-A offices. I purchased, renovated, and converted vacant 1870's mill buildings. New uses included open loft-style offices occupied with dot-com companies, a self-storage business I owned, and upscale loft condos. I also sold a bunch of houses at Long and Foster and then Weichert Realtors® in suburban Philadelphia. From 2008 to 2016, my wife's work in government took us to Phoenix, Arizona, then to Stuttgart Germany and Seoul Korea. We got back to the States, landed in Vienna, VA, and settled into this terrific community.
- Why should a client work with me? With years of experience under my belt, I'm as knowledgeable about Real Estate trends and technology as any other full-priced agent. I'm a diligent, resourceful Realtor®, licensed in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Arizona. But the big difference is simple - you'll pay a fraction of traditional 2.5% - 3.5% high commissions other brokers charge! WHEN I SELL YOU PAY LESS™. It is a better model for my business and a great deal for my clients'.
- What kind of hobbies & activities outside of Real Estate interest me? My wife's jobs took us around the world, literally. I didn't have time for golf and found no opportunities to sail since I was raising our son. I've learned a whole lot about TaeKwonDo. And fencing. And climbing - my son's preferred activities. We travel quite a bit, too.
- How can I make a positive impact on your Real Estate decisions? Let's talk! Anytime. WHEN I SELL YOU PAY LESS™.